Saturday, April 30, 2016

Week 14: Famous Last Words


Well, this marks the end of this class for me! It is really a bittersweet feeling. I have thoroughly enjoyed allowing my creative juices to flow these past 4+ months. I've written things, both in storytelling assignments & for my storybook, that I didn't know I was capable of writing. I was able to learn more about myself as a writer and what style suits me best. I learned more about what kinds of stories I like and what kinds I don't really enjoy as much. I was able to meet new people through this class and catch up with old friends. This has to be one of the best classes I've taken, and I've been at OU for four years, so that's saying a lot! The way this class was set up was the absolute best. I didn't have to worry about someone's opinions getting in the way of grading. Sometimes I felt like in other classes, I had to write to the style of the teacher and not write how I liked to (still grammatically correct and all). It's a bit hard to explain, but I was just incredibly happy to have a class where we were graded one effort and doing our best. For 20+ years, we've been graded the same and as humans, we are all different and learn in different ways and therefore perform differently as well--not necessarily worse or better, just different. That's why I have enjoyed this class so much. We are all students trying our best, writing our best, creating stories and projects to the best of our abilities. And the results of that were amazing! I read so many great stories and learned so many things from other writers. I loved this class and will recommend it to any of my friends that need the credit but also a class to learn more about themselves and others as students. I could write on and on about my experience in this class but all I have to say is it was an A+ course that I enjoyed to the fullest.

We did it ya'll (Image Source).

No comments:

Post a Comment