Monday, March 7, 2016

Blog Ideas

I'm glad we are getting a chance to review the details of our blog this week. I have been thinking it's about time for me to change the design and appearance of my own blog. This assignment really helped with getting ideas. I looked at a few blogs that had great ideas that I want to implement in the future. I took a look at the blogs of:

Thomas: At the top of his blog, there was a very helpful toolbar that made it so easy to locate the assignments for the different weeks and with various labels. I sometimes struggle with navigating through blogs trying to do the weekly commenting but his toolbar at the top made it extremely easy.

Benika: Her blog had her profile picture at the very top of the side toolbar. Although this seems like a very simple detail, it helps whoever goes on her blog instantly put a face to the writer of all the stories each week. Even through the introduction post, we don't really get to know one another's faces so having a profile picture sounds like a great idea.

Ashlyn: Her blog had a beautiful, yet simple background design. I have been growing tired of my rather dull blog design so I was definitely inspired to change it. I did not want one with difficult to read fonts and I did not want a background that was too busy. I actually went ahead and chose a simple yet pretty design for my own blog a few minutes ago. It was about time!

No comments:

Post a Comment