Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 9 Reading Diary, continued: Mahabharata Epified

Epified Mahabharata: by Epified Channel

For the second reading diary, I got to watch part B of the epified Mahbharata. Since my favorite parts of the epic happened while I was reading the second half of the story, I was most excited about watching the epified episodes that corresponded to those moments in the epic. These were parts I was more familiar with since all the "action" happened in the later chapters of the epic. I definitely enjoyed all the episodes I watched, but I did have my favorites. Again, the drawings in the episodes are so beautiful to watch and despite their simplicity, they had ample detail, whether it was the emotions written on a character's face of the scenery depicted. I truly enjoy this kind of storytelling because it has narration and images as well.

One of the biggest parts of the epic, in my opinion, is when the Pandavas are in danger of being stuck inside the burning palace. During the episodes, the images depicted them searching through the palace and realizing the materials used to build it were flammable. I also really enjoyed the picture that depicted the making of the tunnel for their escape. One of my favorite parts of the episode was the drawing of Bhima carrying all his family members. He looked so powerful and full of charisma!

The next part that I really enjoyed was the episode that tells of Baka and his horror. Although I already know what happens because of reading the epic previously, I was so happy that Bhima once again showed himself to be the powerful man he was. It was only one picture that depicted the fight where Bhima overwhelms Baka but I loved it nonetheless!

Bhima destroys Baka (Image Source).

The last part that was a favorite of mine (I even did a storytelling assignment over it) was the part of the epic dealing with Draupadi, the competition, and how all the Pandava brothers ended up marrying her. 

This was one of my favorite reading/watching assignments and I've learned this style of storytelling (through images and narration) works really well for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment