Friday, January 22, 2016

Learning Challenges


I have actually never hear of "Learn by H.E.A.R.T." until now. After browsing the blog and watching the videos that talks all about it, I found out it to be a really amazing concept. The two sections that stuck out most to me were the topics on health/happiness and time. They are things I think, we as college student, have to work on. With all the stress of assignments, grades, work, etc. we sometimes let our happiness and health take a back seat. We sometimes also misuse our time and that, in turn, creates even more stress. There was a quote on the Learning by H.E.A.R.T. blog by Steve Maraboli that says, "Forget yesterday. it has already forgotten you. Don't sweat tomorrow. You haven't even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift: today." This was such a wonderful quote and is a concept very applicable to busy, stressed college students like us. We tend to worry too much about the future when instead, we should really be taking it one day at a time. I try to always do this no matter how much I have on my plate. I know stress does not help anything. I like to write things down and schedule everything to make sure I utilize my time wisely. Even if I don't follow it 100%, having a sort of framework really helps calm me down for some reason! Even though procrastination is still an issue for me sometimes, I'm trying to improve!


Spongebob understands. (Seventeen Magazine)


As for health and happiness, they are equally important for one's life. We tend to get too caught up in cramming for exams or trying to work many hours. Everything in moderation is key. Working and studying hard are definitely important. But so is relaxing and taking time to breathe before tackling another task for the day. Be happy, be healthy!

4 comments:

  1. Procrastination..The story of my life. I like the "everything in moderation" thought. I tend to overbook myself (partially out of necessity), so I also find it important to make time to relax and regroup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computers..mine just freaked out and sent my incomplete comment twice. Anyway..I agree that if you don't allow time to relax, then the tension will just keep building and building and will eventually have to come out. Better to just not let it build in the first place!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bayan,

    The image you used is perfect! It is an immediate attention grabber! I also chose the same two aspects of the H.E.A.R.T concept as you did! I also love the quote you placed in your blog from Steve Maraboli. Procrastination is hard to overcome in our senior year! I cannot say that I have followed my goal either but like you said, having the framework really helps!

    ReplyDelete